We know how convenient plastic is, but it is also quite wasteful. While recycling ♻️ sounds like a great solution and it does help protect Mother Nature. The reality is that recycling is sometimes not done properly. Many places do not even do it. Then those who recycle, are not sure if their efforts are reaching a recycling facility. According to studies around 9% reaches the recycling facilities, and the rest ends up in landfills or waterways and the ocean. 😢
Just think about what things can we all do to improve this plastic situation? Here are a few ideas to complement my friend’s post:
- Take your own cup with you.
- Use only glass bottles.
- Buy glass containers.
- Store produce in towels or paper.
- Use coffee grounds to exfoliate instead of plastic beads.
- Make use of essential oils instead of plastic deodorizers.
- Say no to coffee and tea cups.
- Support sustainable fashion brands.
- Choose plastic-free travel products.
- Ditch single use wipes.
- Avoid food cans, they are coated with plastic to resist rust .
Interested in learning more fun helpful tips and tricks? I recommend following @planofyouth @_environmental_problems and @thefuturesinyourhands on Instagram. They generate helpful information that can benefit your mind, body and soul. You can follow us as well on Nature’s Nomad for the highest quality and all natural products.